Privacy and Cookies Policy
Ballistic Events Limited (company number 04536777) whose registered address is Ground Floor, 182 Fernhead Road, London W9 3EL ("we", "our" or "us" for short) is committed to protecting the privacy of users of the MPG Awards website at www.mpgawards.com (the "Website").
Summary of Key Principles
- We typically collect two types of information about you: (i) information that you provide that personally identifies you (such as your name, email address or contact details); and (ii) information that does not identify you, but which is relevant to your use of the Website (such as the pages visited on our Website and the dates and times of your visit).
- We use this information to make the Website available to you, to enable nominations and votes for the MPG Awards (the "Awards"), to remember your preferences, to monitor traffic on and performance of our Website, and to contact you with information about our services (where you have given us your consent to do so).
- If you have any questions or comments regarding our privacy practices, you can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What Information do we Collect?
The information that we collect about you falls into two categories, (together, the "Information"):
- personal information such as your name, address, telephone number and email address that you provide us with when you enter an award or when you send us an email ("Personal Information"); and
- website use information – our Website utilises a standard technology called "cookies" (see explanation below, "What are Cookies?") and web server logs to collect information about how our Website is used. Information gathered through cookies and Web server logs may include the IP address of your computer, the date and time of visits, the pages viewed, time spent at our Website, and the websites visited just before and just after our Website ("Website Use Information").
How Do We Use the Information That You Provide to Us?
We use your Information for the purposes of:
- making the Website available to you by recognising the IP address of your computer and any preferences you may have indicated on earlier visits;
- enabling nominations to the Awards;
- confirming eligibility to vote in the Awards;
- monitoring visitor traffic on our Website and conducting analysis on the performance of our Website including using Google Analytics (see above for further information) so that we can improve user experience; and
- contacting you with information about our services which we think might be of interest to you. You may notify us at any time if you do not wish to receive these offers by clicking on the 'UNSUBSCRIBE' link in those emails, or by emailing us at email@example.com stating 'UNSUBSCRIBE' in the subject field.
What Are Cookies?
A cookie is a very small text document, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site's computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies. Each website can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a website to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. You may refuse to accept cookies by changing the setting on your browser so that it will not accept cookies. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain current or future parts of our Website. For more information about cookies including how to set your internet browser to reject cookies please go to www.allaboutcookies.org.
How Do We Use Website Use Information?
Sharing Information with Third Parties
- We may share your Information with our third party business partners for the purposes of administering the Awards or for operating and maintaining our Website.
- We may also disclose your Information to third parties where we are required to do so by law, or where it is necessary for the purpose of or in connection with legal proceedings or in order to exercise or defend legal rights. Finally, if our company or our assets are acquired by another company, then your Information may be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired.
Protecting Your Information
How Can You Access and Correct Your Information?
You have a right to receive a copy of Information we hold about you by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by writing to us at Unit 13 Tay Building, 2A Wrentham Avenue, London, NW10 3HA, addressed to The Event Director, MPG Awards.
We are permitted under English law to charge a small fee to meet the administrative costs associated with meeting such requests.
What About Other Websites Linked to Our Website?
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. So, whilst we will do our best to protect your Information, we cannot ensure the security of your data transmitted to our Website. Any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your Information we will use strict procedures and security features to prevent unauthorised access.